Single component polymer-modified fairing coat containing migrating corrosion inhibitors.
- Easy to apply. Single component, requires only the addition of water
- Contains migrating corrosion inhibitors
- Minimal shrinkage
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, no independent primer or curing is required
- Compatible with most types of protective coatings
- Application between 1 mm - 10 mm
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Cost effective, hand applied
- No formwork required
Cemfair is a pre-packed, single component, acrylic modified fairing coat designed for application in a thin layer to concrete surfaces.
Cemfair may be used indoors or outdoors, on horizontal or vertical surfaces, and on new and existing concrete surfaces.
Cemfair incorporates proven Migrating Corrosion Inhibitor technology to provide high durability repairs, which minimise further corrosion to steel reinforcement. Longterm protection is provided by the migration of corrosion inhibitor molecules from the mortar into the structure.
These are adsorbed onto the reinforcement to form a protective film which inhibits both anodic and cathodic sites, effectively reducing corrosion activity to a negligible level. Adjacent concrete is also protected from incipient anode corrosion in chloride-contaminated concrete.
- Minor crack filling
- Fair-faced concrete repair
- Thin layer render
- Skim coat for pin holes and minor honeycomb repairs
- Concrete repair
- Pore sealer and leveling mortar
- To produce a uniform surface for subsequent paint finishes and coatings
Cemfair is available in 25 kg bags.
Approximately 15.3 – 15.5 litres per 25 kg bag.
Cemfair complies with the requirements of BS EN 1504-3 Class R2 for repair principles 3.1.