High strength, high build fibre reinforced structural repair mortar, containing migrating corrosion inhibitors
- Easy to apply. Single component, requires only addition of water
- High bond strength, ensuring monolithic performance of the repair
- Contains corrosion inhibitors for additional protection of reinforcement
- Can be spray applied efficiently by the wet spray technique
- Shrinkage controlled polymer modified cementitious repair mortar
- Thixotropic properties allowing extra high build for vertical and overhead applications
- Extremely low permeability to water, providing excellent protection to steel reinforcements and host concrete
- Contains no chlorides
- Suitable for internal and external application
- Water vapour permeable
- Suitable for use in contact with potable water
- Easy to finish
- Cost effective, hand or wet spray applied no formwork is required
- Suitable for use with cathodic protection systems
Cempatch HB50 is a one component polymer modified and fibre reinforced, high build, hand / wet-spray applied, structural repair mortar. Cempatch HB50 is a blend of dry powders, selected aggregates, fibres, polymers and corrosion inhibitors which when mixed with water produces a thixotropic mortar suitable for vertical and overhead application.
Cempatch HB50 can be applied in a single application of up to 80 mm thickness in vertical applications and up to 60 mm thickness in overhead applications without the need for formwork. Where higher thicknesses are required, sections can be achieved by the use of formwork or can be built up in layers.
Cempatch HB50 incorporates proven Migrating Corrosion Inhibitor technology to provide high durability repairs, which minimise further corrosion to steel reinforcement. Longterm protection is provided by the migration of corrosion inhibitor molecules from the mortar into the structure.
These are adsorbed onto the reinforcement to form a protective film which inhibits both anodic and cathodic sites, effectively reducing corrosion activity to a negligible level. Adjacent concrete is also protected from incipient anode corrosion in chloride-contaminated concrete.
- Repair of all types of structural concrete where high strength and extremely low shrinkage properties are required
- For the repair of vertical and overhead elements
- As a repair mortar for all structural elements in buildings, water retaining structures, industrial plants, bridges, etc
- Deep pockets can be filled in a one application depending on the shape of the pocket and the volume of exposed reinforcement
Cempatch HB50 is available in 25 kg sacks.
Approximately 13.5 – 14.5 litre per 25 kg bag. (approx. 72 bags/m³).
Cempatch HB50 complies with the requirements of BS EN 1504-3 Class R4 for repair principles 3.1, 3.3, 4.4, 7.1, and 7.2.